Announcing Istio 1.6.9
This release contains bug fixes to improve robustness. This release note describes what’s different between Istio 1.6.8 and Istio 1.6.9.
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Things to know and prepare before upgrading.
Download and install this release.
Visit the documentation for this release.
Inspect the full set of source code changes.
- Added istioctl analyzer to detect when Destination Rules do not specify
- Added missing
telemetry.loadshedding.*options to mixer container arguments
- Fixed HTTP match request without headers conflict
- Fixed Istio operator to watch multiple namespaces (Istio #26317)
EDScache when an endpoint appears after its service resource (Istio #26983)
istioctl remove-from-meshnot removing init containers on CNI installations.
remove-from-meshcommands from affecting
- Fixed cleaning up of service information when the cluster secret is deleted
- Fixed egress gateway ports binding to 80⁄443 due to user permissions
- Fixed gateway listeners created with traffic direction outbound to be drained properly on exit
- Fixed headless services not updating listeners (Istio #26617)
- Fixed inaccurate
- Fixed ingress SDS from not getting secret update (Istio #18912)
- Fixed ledger capacity size
- Fixed operator to update service monitor due to invalid permissions (Istio #26961)
- Fixed regression in gateway name resolution (Istio 26264)
- Fixed rotated certificates not being stored to
- Fixed trust domain validation in transport socket level (Istio #26435)
- Improved specifying network for a cluster without
meshNetworksalso being configured
- Improved the cache readiness state with TTL (Istio #26418)
- Updated SDS timeout to fetch workload certificates to
app_containersto use comma separated values for container specification
- Updated default protocol sniffing timeout to