Announcing Istio 1.6.3
This release contains bug fixes to improve robustness. This release note describes what’s different between Istio 1.6.2 and Istio 1.6.3.
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Things to know and prepare before upgrading.
Download and install this release.
Visit the documentation for this release.
Inspect the full set of source code changes.
- Fixed an issue preventing the operator from recreating watched resources if they are deleted (Issue 23238).
- Fixed an issue where Istio crashed with the message:
proto.Message is *client.QuotaSpecBinding, not *client.QuotaSpecBinding(Issue 24624).
- Fixed an issue preventing operator reconciliation due to improper labels on watched resources (Issue 23603).
- Added support for the
k8s.v1.cni.cncf.io/networksannotation (Issue 24425).
- Updated the
SidecarInjectionSpecCRD to read the
- Updated split horizon to skip gateways that resolve hostnames.
istioctl experimental metricsto only flag error response codes as errors (Issue 24322)
istioctl analyzeto sort output formats.
- Updated gateways to use
- Updated the Prometheus sidecar to use
- Removed invalid configuration from
gateway.runAsRootis enabled (Issue 24469).
Grafana addon security fixes
We’ve updated the version of Grafana shipped with Istio from 6.5.2 to 6.7.4. This addresses a Grafana security issue, rated high, that can allow access to internal cluster resources using the Grafana avatar feature. (CVE-2020-13379)