- Added support for mirroring a percentage of traffic.
- Improved the Envoy sidecar. The Envoy sidecar now exits when it crashes. This change makes it easier to see whether or not the Envoy sidecar is healthy.
- Improved Pilot to skip sending redundant configuration to Envoy when no changes are required.
- Improved headless services to avoid conflicts with different services on the same port.
- Disabled default circuit breakers.
- Updated the default regex engine to
re2. Please see the Upgrade Notes for details.
- Added experimental in-proxy telemetry reporting to Stackdriver.
- Improved support for in-proxy Prometheus generation of HTTP service metrics (from experimental to alpha).
- Improved telemetry collection for blocked and passthrough external service traffic.
- Added the option to configure stat patterns for Envoy stats.
- Added the
outbound prefixes to the Envoy HTTP stats to specify traffic direction.
- Improved reporting of telemetry for traffic that goes through an egress gateway.
- Added multiple validation checks to the
istioctl analyze sub-command.
- Added the experimental option to enable validation messages for Istio resource statuses.
- Added OpenAPI v3 schema validation of Custom Resource Definitions (CRDs). Please see the Upgrade Notes for details.
- Added client-go libraries to access Istio APIs.
- Added the experimental operator controller for dynamic updates to an Istio installation.
- Removed the
proxy_init Docker image. Instead, the
istio-init container reuses the
- Updated the base image to
Was this information useful?
Thanks for your feedback!