This release includes several bug fixes and improvements to robustness. This release note describes what’s different between Istio 1.1.8 and Istio 1.1.9.
- Prevent overly large strings from being sent to Prometheus (Issue 14642).
- Reuse previously cached JWT public keys if transport errors are encountered during renewal (Issue 14638).
- Bypass JWT authentication for HTTP OPTIONS methods to support CORS requests.
- Fix Envoy crash caused by the Mixer filter (Issue 14707).
- Expose cryptographic signature verification functions to
LuaEnvoy filters (Envoy Issue 7009).