This release includes several bug fixes and improvements to robustness. This release note describes what’s different between Istio 1.1.7 and Istio 1.1.8.
DestinationRulesfor CDS clusters (Issue 13744).
- Make the
versionfields in the Helm charts display the correct Istio version (Issue 14290).
- Fix Mixer crash affecting both policy and telemetry servers (Issue 14235).
- Fix multicluster issue where two pods in different clusters could not share the same IP address (Issue 14066).
- Fix issue where Citadel could generate a new root CA if it cannot contact the Kubernetes API server, causing mutual TLS verification to incorrectly fail (Issue 14512).
- Improve Pilot validation to reject different
VirtualServiceswith the same domain since Envoy will not accept them (Issue 13267).
- Fix locality load balancing issue where only one replica in a locality would receive traffic (13994).
- Fix issue where Pilot Agent might not notice a TLS certificate rotation (Issue 14539).
- Fix a
LuaJITpanic in Envoy (Envoy Issue 6994).
- Fix a race condition where Envoy might reuse a HTTP/1.1 connection after the downstream peer had already closed the TCP connection, causing 503 errors and retries (Issue 14037).
- Fix a tracing issue in Mixer’s Zipkin adapter causing missing spans (Issue 13391).
- Reduce Pilot log spam by logging the
the endpoints within network ... will be ignored for no network configuredmessage at
- Make it easier to rollback by making pilot-agent ignore unknown flags.
- Update Citadel’s default root CA certificate TTL from 1 year to 10 years.