Describes tasks that help securing the service mesh traffic.
- Testing Istio mutual TLS authentication. This task shows you how to verify and test Istio's automatic mutual TLS authentication.
- Setting up Basic Access Control. This task shows how to control access to a service using the Kubernetes labels.
- Setting up Istio Role-Based Access Control. This task shows how to set up role-based access control for services in Istio mesh.
- Setting up Secure Access Control. This task shows how to securely control access to a service using service accounts.
- Per-service mutual TLS authentication enablement. This task shows how to change mutual TLS authentication for a single service.
- Plugging in CA certificate and key. This task shows how operators can plug existing certificate and key into Istio CA.