Announcing Istio 1.3.1
This release includes bug fixes to improve robustness. This release note describes what’s different between Istio 1.3.0 and Istio 1.3.1.
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Things to know and prepare before upgrading.
Download and install this release.
Visit the documentation for this release.
Inspect the full set of source code changes.
- Fixed an issue which caused the secret cleanup job to erroneously run during upgrades (Issue 16873).
- Fixed an issue where the default configuration disabled Kubernetes Ingress support (Issue 17148)
- Fixed an issue with handling invalid
UTF-8characters in the Stackdriver logging adapter (Issue 16966).
- Fixed an issue which caused the
destination_servicelabel in HTTP metrics not to be set for
- Fixed an issue with the
destination_servicelabel in the
istio_tcp_connections_opened_totalmetrics which caused them to not be set correctly (Issue 17234).
- Fixed an Envoy crash introduced in Istio 1.2.4 (Issue 16357).
- Fixed Istio CNI sidecar initialization when IPv6 is disabled on the node (Issue 15895).
- Fixed a regression affecting support of RS384 and RS512 algorithms in JWTs (Issue 15380).
- Added support for
.Values.global.priorityClassNameto the telemetry deployment.
- Added annotations for Datadog tracing that controls extra features in sidecars.
- Added the
pilot_xds_push_timemetric to report Pilot xDS push time.
istioctl experimental analyzeto support multi-resource analysis and validation.
- Added support for running metadata exchange and stats extensions in a WebAssembly sandbox. Follow these instructions to try it out.
- Removed time diff info in the proxy-status command.