Announcing Istio 1.6.5
Istio 1.6.5 patch release.
This release fixes the security vulnerability described in our July 9th, 2020 news post.
This release contains bug fixes to improve robustness. These release notes describe what’s different between Istio 1.6.5 and Istio 1.6.4.
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Things to know and prepare before upgrading.
Download and install this release.
Visit the documentation for this release.
Inspect the full set of source code changes.
When validating TLS certificates, Envoy incorrectly allows a wildcard DNS Subject Alternative Name to apply to multiple subdomains. For example, with a SAN of
*.example.com, Envoy incorrectly allows
nested.subdomain.example.com, when it should only allow
- CVSS Score: 6.6 AV:N/AC:H/PR:H/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- Fixed return the proper source name after Mixer does a lookup by IP if multiple pods have the same IP.
- Improved the sidecar injection control based on revision at a per-pod level (Issue 24801)
istioctl validateto disallow unknown fields not included in the Open API specification (Issue 24860)
sts_portin Envoy’s bootstrap file.
- Preserved existing WASM state schema for state objects to reference it later as needed.
- Updated WASM state to log for Access Log Service.
- Increased default protocol detection timeout from 100 ms to 5 s (Issue 24379)
- Removed UDP port 53 from Istiod.
- Allowed setting
status.sidecar.istio.io/portto zero (Issue 24722)
- Fixed EDS endpoint selection for subsets with no or empty label selector. (Issue 24969)
BaseComponentSpec. (Issue 24476)
istio-agentto create elliptical curve CSRs when
- Improved mapping of gRPC status codes into HTTP domain for telemetry.
HorizontalPodAutoscalerfor Istiod (Issue 24809)