Announcing Istio 1.5.2
Istio 1.5.2 patch release.
This release contains bug fixes to improve robustness. This release note describes what’s different between Istio 1.5.1 and Istio 1.5.2.
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Things to know and prepare before upgrading.
Download and install this release.
Visit the documentation for this release.
Inspect the full set of source code changes.
- Fixed Istiod deployment lacking label used by the matching
- Fixed Custom Istio installation with istioctl not working using external charts (Issue 22368)
- Fixed Panic in
istio-initwith GKE+COS and
interceptionMode: TPROXY (Issue 22500)
- Fixed Logging for validation by sending warnings to
- Fixed Kiali not working when external Prometheus link used for the IstioOperator API (Issue 22510)
- Fixed Istio agent should calculate grace period based on the cert TTL, not client-side settings (Issue 22226]
- Fixed Incorrect error message referring to incorrect CLI option for the
istioctl kube-injectcommand (Issue 22501)
- Fixed IstioOperator validation of slice (Issue 21915)
- Fixed Race condition caused by read/write of
rootCertExpireTimenot always being protected (Issue 22627)
- Fixed BlackHoleCluster HTTP metrics broken with Telemetry v2 (Issue 21385)
istio-initcontainer failing when Istio CNI is enabled (Issue 22695)
- Fixed istioctl does not set gateway name for multiple gateways (Issue 22703)
- Fixed Unstable inbound bind address when configuring a sidecar ingress listener without bind address (Issue 22830)
- Fixed Proxy pods for Istio 1.4 not showing up when upgrading from Istio 1.4 to 1.5 using default profile (Issue 22841)
PersistentVolumeClaimfor Grafana not being created in the namespace specified in the IstioOperator spec (Issue 22835)
istio-sidecar-injectorand istiod related pods crashing when applying new manifest through istioctl because
neverInjectSelectorare not correctly indented in the
istio-sidecar-injectorconfig map (Issue 23027)
- Fixed Prometheus scraping failing in CNI injected pods because the default
excludeInboundPortconfiguration does not include port 15090 (Issue 23038)
Lightstepsecret volume issue causing the bundled Prometheus to not install correctly with Istio operator (Issue 23078)
- Fixed Avoid using host header to extract destination service name at gateway in default Telemetry V2 configuration.
- Fixed Zipkin: Fix wrongly rendered timestamp value (Issue 22968)
- Improved Add annotations for setting CPU/memory limits on sidecar (Issue 16126)
- Improved Enable
rewriteAppHTTPProbeannotation for liveness probe rewrite by default(Issue 10357)