Announcing Istio 1.17.3
Istio 1.17.3 patch release.
This release contains bug fixes to improve robustness. This release note describes what is different between Istio 1.17.2 and Istio 1.17.3.
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Things to know and prepare before upgrading.
Download and install this release.
Visit the documentation for this release.
Inspect the full set of source code changes.
- Added support for
PodDisruptionBudget(PDB) in the Gateway chart. Issue #44469
- Fixed an issue with forward compatibility with Istio 1.18+ Kubernetes Gateway Automated Deployment. To have a seamless upgrade to 1.18+, users of this feature should first adopt this patch release. Issue #44164
- Fixed The
dns_upstream_failures_totalmetric was mistakenly deleted in the previous release. PR #44176
- Fixed an issue where grpc stats are absent. Issue #43908, Issue #44144
- Fixed an issue where
Istio Gateway(Envoy) would crash due to a duplicate
istio_authnnetwork filter in the Envoy filter chain. Issue #44385
- Fixed the VirtualService validation to fail on empty prefix header matcher. Issue #44424
- Fixed a bug where services are missing in gateways if
PILOT_FILTER_GATEWAY_CLUSTER_CONFIGis enabled. Issue #44439
istioctl analyzeno longer expects pods and runtime resources when analyzing files. Issue #40861
istioctl verify-installfails when using multiple IOPs. Issue #42964
- Fixed handling of remote SPIFFE trust bundles containing multiple certificates.PR #44909
- Fixed CPU usage abnormally high when cert specified by DestinationRule are invalid. Issue #44986