Istio Day North America 2023, Twice The Fun!
The call for session proposals is now open.
We all had a blast at Istio Day Europe in April. The event was incredibly well received, but organizers and attendees alike felt that a half-day was not enough to showcase all that Istio has to offer. Due to the overwhelming response, we are glad to share with all of you that Istio Day North America is going to be a full-day event, co-located with KubeCon North America in Chicago.
Submit a talk
We now encourage Istio users, developers, partners, and advocates to submit a session proposal through the CNCF event portal, which is open until August 6th.
We want to see real world examples, case studies, and success stories that can inspire newcomers to use Istio in production. The content will cover introductory to advanced levels, split into four main topic tracks:
- New Features: What have you been working on that the community should know about?
- Case Studies: How have you built a platform or service on top of Istio?
- Istio Recipes: How you can solve a specific business problem using Istio.
- Project Updates: The evolution of Istio, and the latest updates from the project maintainers.
You can pick one of these formats to submit a session proposal:
- Presentation: 25 minutes, 1 or 2 speaker(s) presenting a topic
- Panel Discussion: 35 minutes of discussion among 3 to 5 speakers
- Lightning Talk: A brief 5-minute presentation, maximum of 1 speaker
Accepted speakers will receive a complimentary All-Access In-Person ticket for all four days of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon.
- Thursday, June 15: CFP + Sponsor Prospectus Launch
- Sunday, August 6: CFP Closes
- Tuesday, August 8 - Monday, August 21: CFP Review Window
- Thursday, September 7: Speaker Notifications
- Week of September 11: Schedule Launch & Announcement
- Wednesday, September 20: Sponsor Sales Close
- Monday, November 6: Event Day
Sponsor the event
Do you want to put your product or service in front of the most discerning Cloud Native users: those who demand 25% more conference than the crowd? Check out page 19 of the CNCF events prospectus to learn more. Contact email@example.com to secure your sponsorship today! Signed contracts must be received by September 20.
Register to attend
Istio Day is a KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America CNCF-hosted Co-located Event. In-person KubeCon + CloudNativeCon attendees have the option to buy an All-Access ticket which includes entry to all the CNCF-hosted “day 0” events, as well as the main three days of the conference. You must be attending KubeCon to attend Istio Day, but virtual registration options are available, and the recordings will be posted to YouTube soon after the event.
For those of you who can’t make it, keep your eyes peeled for announcements of IstioCon 2023 (Virtual) and Istio Day China.
Stay tuned to hear more about the event, and we hope you can join us in Chicago for Istio Day!