Setup contains instructions for installing the Istio control plane in various environments (e.g., Kubernetes, Consul, etc.), as well as instructions for installing the sidecar in the application deployment.
- Quick Start. Quick start instructions to setup the Istio service mesh in a Kubernetes cluster.
- Quick Start with Google Kubernetes Engine. Quick Start instructions to setup the Istio service using Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Installation with Helm. Install Istio with the included Helm chart.
- Installation with Ansible. Install Istio with the included Ansible playbook.
- Installing the Istio Sidecar. Instructions for installing the Istio sidecar in application pods automatically using the sidecar injector webhook or manually using istioctl CLI.
- Mesh Expansion. Instructions for integrating VMs and bare metal hosts into an Istio mesh deployed on Kubernetes.
- Istio Multicluster. Install Istio with multicluster support.
- Upgrading Istio. This guide demonstrates how to upgrade the Istio control plane and data plane independently.
- Nomad & Consul